[G4] OS X Scanner drivers...(was Epson )

Michael Oldfield amobel at reach.net
Fri May 2 08:08:34 PDT 2003

>>$79.95?? I paid $40 for my copy of VueScan.
>>Melissa Wrote:
>You got lucky! The new prices are like $49.95 for the Standard
>edition & $79.95 for the Pro.

I faced the same challenge ( Scanmaker E3) when I upgraded from my
trusty and much loved Sonnet-powered 6400 to a Sawtooth. The SCSI
card equiped G4 didn't recognize the E3. So what to do? The choice
seemed pretty straightforward . . . . I could buy many a USB scanner
for well under a hundred bucks or I could add VueScan software at
fifty.

My E3 was working fine and I was satisfied with its output. I also
tried a low-priced scanner for a weekend. It worked but compared with
the tank-sized stature of the old E3 it seemed so flimsy. Others
obviously are better. In the end I decided to go the VueScan route .
. . . I have been more than happy with that decision. Of course if
your E3 isn't meeting your needs then why spend a nickle to drive it?
That must be the deciding factor.
Good luck,
Michael