[G4] Internal Hard Drive over 120 GB?

sr ferenczy srf7425 at rit.edu
Sun May 4 08:11:45 PDT 2003

no, it is actually the ata spec that does not allow big drives, really
has nothing to do with the OS, thats the whole reason the majority of
big drives ship with an ata controller card, because even in many older
pc' s the 180, 200 gb drives wont be fully addressable.

another thing to look out for is that any PCI controller that comes
with the drives WILL NOT work in a mac.

sandor