[G4] OS 9.2 not running under OS 10.2

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Mon May 5 17:56:53 PDT 2003

On 5/5/03, Abe Magallanez <pasm3 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I cannot launch OS 9.2 with OS 10.2 as my start up disk. It will start to
>open, the progress bar does not go beyond 3/4 of the way. Any ideas on
>what needs to be done?

I'm not exactly sure what problem you're experiencing. Is it that after
booting into OS X 10.2 (what vers), you can't start Classic? If so, how are
you trying to do that? The normal way is to open Sys Prefs->Classic->select
the OS 9.2 system folder and click on start.

Or, are you trying to boot into OS 9.2? If OS X and OS 9 are on the same
partition, I don't think you can select the OS 9.2 via the
SysPrefs->Startup Disk panel. However, if you installed the OS 9.2 on a
separate disk/partition, then it will be available in the Startup Disk
panel.

Please describe how your machine is configured: drives/partitions, where
the various OSs are located and their full versions, and exactly what
you're trying to accomplish. Without that info, we can't help.

Cheers