pioneer dvr-105

Jared Despain boardutah at mac.com
Tue May 6 11:02:10 PDT 2003

	I just had a strange thing happen today. My pioneer dvd writer that I
just installed a little over a month ago stopped recognizing dvds,
blank or commercial or whatever, it recognizes and burns cds just fine,
but won't mount or accept any dvds. It will take it in, light on for
about 45 secs, then spits it back out again. I have repaired the disc
with disc first aid, repaired permissions twice, and even tried in os9,
with the same results. So I have come to the conclusion that it is the
drive, and not the system. The only thing I can think of is that I
installed the quicktime update (6.2) and the ipod update yesterday from
software update. I still haven't updated to 10.2.5 or itunes 4 because
of problems I have read about, but I don't see any connection. Sorry
about the rambling, but any ideas would be great.

Jared