ATA/133 PCI Controller cards

csean at poc.it csean at poc.it
Tue May 6 12:40:56 PDT 2003

on 05/06/2003 20:02, Power Macintosh G4 List at G4 at lists.themacintoshguy.com
wrote:

> Subject: Re: [G4] ATA/133 PCI Controller cards
>
> I got this from Sonnet: Actually, Acard makes our ATA66 card, because I
> asked about the ATA66.  I don't know about 100 or 133, but it would be
> strange that these are made somewhere else.
>
> Paul Moortgat

IIRC, Macworld magazine had an article on the 133 cards last year and the
reviewer said that, in effect, the cards were more or less the same: i.e.,
either the same card (Acard, I believe, rebadged under the other companies'
names) or the same performance. The only differences being, IIRC, price and
warranty: most offered 1 or 2 year warranties, while SIIG (probably an
Acard) offered 5.

The SIIG is also the cheapest. OWC has it for $75 with the 5 year warranty.

Chris