[G4] 10.2.5

Snoke Jay S NPRI SnokeJS at Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil
Wed May 7 05:58:55 PDT 2003

Jerry-
	Before you do *anything* else...  try repairing permissions on your boot disk with Disk Utility.  It should be in your Applications/Utilities folder.

	ClarisWorks has not been updated in ages.  As much as you dislike AppleWorks, the problems you are encountering are not so much a problem with OS X as it possibly is a problem with the build of ClarisWorks you are using - either the interface of it with the OS 9.2.x (assuming you are using 9.2.something since you didn't say) running under OS X or the ClarisWorks application itself.  It sounds more like you don't want to have to re-do your gradebook - I'd strongly suggest the spreadsheet in AppleWorks for this, because not only can it draw those lines, but also allow you to actually calculate letter grades based on student work assessments you enter.
	You didn't say if you could see the USB stuff (Zip drive is USB?) or not, so try this - in the Finder, pull down the Apple menu to "About This Mac", then click the "More Info" button on the window that opens;  once there, look at Devices and Volumes and see if your USB stuff is there...
	if not:
	The Zip Drive problem may be a driver - did you check with Iomega's website for the latest one?
	The USB memory gizmo sounds like it's the same thing...  driver?