Trash error question

David Crandon tdc at attbi.com
Thu May 8 13:02:52 PDT 2003

Hello everyone,

Whenever I try to empty my OS 10.2.6 trash, I get the following error message:

"The operation cannot be completed because some data cannot be read or
written (Error code -36)."

I can choose to "continue" or "stop".

If I choose to "continue" the same dialogue box will pop up 3x's in a
row. The trash will actually empty after the first dialogue box.

This problem occurred after I used CCC to clone my OS 10.2.4 to a
separate internal HD. The cloning process was somewhat problematic. CCC
froze during cloning on 3 occasions, at 3 different points, but then
worked fine when I tried it again.

Updating to OS 10.2.6 didn't help. Diskwarrior, Norton, Disk First Aid,
fsck, and Repairing Permissions has not helped.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

David Crandon