OS 9 won't boot

Eric Volker ebv1 at charter.net
Sat May 10 15:28:57 PDT 2003

I'm hoping someone here has run into this problem before. When I try to
boot off of OS 9, the happy Mac appears for about 2 seconds, then goes
to a flashing disk. Another 1-2 minutes goes by, then the happy Mac
comes back...and it just sits there. OS X.2.6 boots just fine (it's on
a separate disk drive.) I ran Norton Disk Doctor on the drive (from the
OS X drive) and it reported several major errors, but claimed to fix
them all. The OS 9 partition mounts under OS X without a problem. I
don't have any critical data on the OS9 drive, but I'd like to avoid
initializing the disk if I can.

Thanks,

Eric Volker
ebv1 at charter.net