Graphics card, HD and DVD in new G4

David d.reed at clara.net
Fri May 16 22:09:31 PDT 2003

Hi

I'm thinking about ordering a new 1.25 G4 2MB L3 with DVD/RW.

Will the internal 9.4GB DVD RAM drive from my old Dual500 G4 fit properly
(with the new bezel etc..) in the 1.25 G4's second bay. And work ok, at
least under OS 9.2.

I can't find an entry in the excellent xlr8yourmac.com drive database.
Perhaps nobody else uses DVD RAM anymore. I think they're the best for
backup and cheap.

Is the performance of the 64Mb Radeon 9000 Pro (can't use the nice
9700Pro) good when running 2 19" CRT's COMPARED to the Radeon9000 Pro
running one CRT and an Apple Store PCI ATI card running the other?

I'm also interested in the recent forum posts concerning the ATA/133
cards.
Will this make much REAL difference compared to the standard ATA/100?

I've got a fast 60Gb waiting to be installed and am willing to get a very
fast drive to utilise the 133 card. Is the WD 200Gb good, fast, reliable?
What make, type do Apple fit now?

sorry for all the questions, but these are the only things stopping me
order it right now!

Thanks
David