[G4] APC UPS problem on OS X

Tracker at aol.com Tracker at aol.com
Sat May 17 11:17:45 PDT 2003

I agree with Brooks. I have installed switched power manager equipment
between my UPSes and the wall outlet expressly to avoid the "no ground
connection" hazard.

The power managers allow me to selectively power up different sections of my
work benches for different pieces of equipment when needed, but still
maintain the UPS with power on for the computer, monitor, and external hard
drives.

I don't always need power to my hot glue gun, flatbed scanner, desk fan,
radio, etc., and the power manager lets me power up from one location when I
want. I don't have to get out of my chair to go to the other end of the work
bench where the wall switches are.