Printing Under Classic

CJ Scaminaci halogenius at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 20 20:03:31 PDT 2003

Hello All,

I am trying to use my HP Deskjet 940C USB to print under the classic
environment. It has been pointed out to me by several people to boot
into the classic system folder and install the drivers however I can
not do this. I use and unsupported machine to use Mac OSX. So any
system 9.2 and above has to be manually hacked to allow my machine to
run it. But to get around this problem I told Mac OSX to use my Mac OS
9.1 volume as my classic environment which already has working drivers
and all. Yet when I start the Classic environment and try to print it
spools but nothing is ever actually printed.I am certain the settings
are correct as I can boot off this 9.1 volume and use the printer
successfully. But Mac OSX seems to have a problem. Any ideas?

CJ

PowerMac 9500 Upgraded to G4/450Mhz
768MB RAM
Mac OS 10.2.6 Through XPostFacto