[G4] G4/400 AGP Power supply. Which one? Good source?

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Sun May 25 15:20:27 PDT 2003

"k" wrote .....

>If these are the 22-pin G4 PSUs you're looking for, if you find a
>source that will sell you one without a broken one to exchange,
>please tell me.

k -
	No , not 22 or 24,  the power supply in my G4/400 AGP  has only a
20 pin connector.  So we must be looking at totally different power
supplies.

	I can't help you with the pin outs, sorry. The pin outs for my PS
were shown in an article in the Apple Knowledge base which discussed
diagnosing and replacing the power supply in G4's that showed no symptoms
of life.

	You mention that Apple sells/refurbishes power supplies..... but
for a high price. I haven't been able to find anything about that on the
Apple site.  The only place I've found ANY power supplies is at
hardcoreMac, and they didn't have much available.

	Your speculations as to why they're hard to find are interesting...
but repairing one can't be all that difficult and it seems that some
entrepreneur somewhere MUST HAVE started up a little part-time business
repairing them for a reasonable cost.   But it'd still be nice if someone
could give me a steer to a reliable source for these things.

John