[G4] Apple laserwriter 8500 and Jaguar

Dale Hoffman dhoff at margnat.com
Wed May 28 13:09:25 PDT 2003

At 9:35 AM -0500 5/28/03, Derek Keller wrote:
>I am using a Laserwriter 8500 on a mixed network of OS 9 and Jaguar systems.
>I am printing using Appletalk and IP printing and all works well. Just make
>sure the fuser looks like it is in good shape.

Excuse me for bumping the thread slightly off course, but this might
be of interest to someone buying an LW8500 (and Derek did mention
fusers). Laserwriter 8500 fusers go out quickly - I go through about
1 a year. Although the fuser assembly rollers can be cleaned once or
twice, when the heating element goes you have to find a rebuilt one
(the Apple dealer is the only source I have found) and that's about
$300 with trade-in of old unit, so you can't buy one as insurance
against down time. Great printer, though.
Anyone else know where fusers can be bought for less?

DaleH