[G4] How to verify legitimacy of online business...

Lavode Lavode at comcast.net
Tue Nov 4 20:05:28 PST 2003

> You are given a web link and enter a code that takes you to a page
> where you
> are asked your debit card and
> PIN!
>
> Doesn't seem legit to me - what suggestions do you have to verify
> these guys
> in case they are?

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time, and I would pat myself on the
back for not giving them what they want.  This sounds laughably bogus,
and it appears to my untrained eye like the email headers were forged
to make it appear to come from a legit .com.

Would LOVE to get some expert opinion on this!

-Lavode