Disk Problems

Lavode Lavode at comcast.net
Thu Nov 6 23:10:53 PST 2003

Hi all,

I have had some instability in my system recently when I use my iPod,
so I decided to run a little Disk First Aid.  Repairing the startup
volume resulted in the following error:
Overlapped extent allocation (file 2886156d)

Disk First Aid completes the check, says that the volume is repaired,
but when I run it again, I get the same error.  Any way to fix this
problem?  The last time I had a problem like this I had to restore my
entire startup volume from a backup, as Norton would fix the symptom,
but not the problem.

TIA,
-Lavode