New system...

Snow White jj4 at sympatico.ca
Fri Nov 7 23:54:30 PST 2003

Well, everyone else that spoke, talked about the video aspect, but
money was mentioned.

Given that the new G5s kick the snot out of the  biggest baddest G4 I
would lean to G5, BUT if money and compatability are a problem - the
Dual 1.25 G4 is only $1599.00 and refurbished is $1399.00 straight from
Apple.  You could buy 2 of these for almost the same as a Dual 2Ghz G5
- maybe you can use 2 or maybe you want the $ to upgrade something else.

If I were to buy a G5 it would be the Dual 2Ghz G5 and I would want
lots of RAM too, in 1 gig chips at that so I can get my 8 gig
eventually.  IMO This computer will be current (very usable) for a long
time (3 or 4 years minimum) due to its ability to hold so much RAM.
Just plan to max it out at 8 gig by the end.

If anyone has a G5 and loaded photoshop or final cut into a Ram disk
and run some tests I would love to see the resulting benchmarks.

jj