Problem Upgrading to 10.2

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Sat Nov 8 07:42:00 PST 2003

ro shriver <ropho at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've tried repeatedly and with much frustration to
> install 10.2 on my Quicksilver  with  no success.

Without you saying what version OS X you have running and what the Jaguar
install process is doing when the error message come up, it may be difficult
for anyone to say.  Have you checked the Readme instructions and the Apple
web site for relevant info?

Your Quicksilver came with OS 10.0.4 or some early thing, right?  On my
Quicksilver, I went through a bunch of upgrades which went ok, except I got
sick of the unending sequence of 10.1.x with security updates thrown in here
and there so I just quit.  Still using OS 9.2, happily, by the way.  Now,
I'll try installing Panther after things stabilize there a bit.  With
separate partitions on two hard drives for OS 9, OSX, Apps, Documents, and
Backup, I can just reinitialize the OS X partition and start fresh.

In your case, you might backup your essential user files to another hard
drive, reinitialize your harddrive with Drive Setup, create a few
partitions, reload OS 9.1 and upgrade to 9.2, load Jaguar, reload your Apps,
and bring back your user files.

Hope this helps.

--
Al Poulin