[G4] Capture cards Re: [G4] New system...

sr ferenczy srf7425 at rit.edu
Sat Nov 8 07:50:59 PST 2003

i have done a few rally races, but not in my current car. currently i
do a lot of PCA track/DE events/hill climbs/TracQuest events - just
getting a feel for the new car, then besides that, there is on road
races between friends...=)  and maybe sometime in the future a few
cannonball runs (the wife is highly interested in these-she wants to
drive)

  i seriously have more problems with using my camera for "normal"
filming than from in the car.  its been dropped from 10 feet off the
ground (onto dirt), bumped and banged, etc. in the car it's perfect
through everything. hell, i have even hooked it up in my friend's CJ-7
for some great off road shoots.  the cameras really should be fine if
mounted properly.

as far as outside the car, most people i know who use such systems pay
a hefty fee, and  replace them at least once per racing season-its just
more abuse than you can shake a stick at.

sandor