[G4] Capture cards Re: [G4] New system...

diane diane at mathermotorsports.com
Sat Nov 8 13:15:04 PST 2003

>>What you are missing is that I don't do video for a living, so that
>>was not what I was looking for what I bought the machine. I don't
>>buy PC's either.  ;)
>
>It is still twice what you need. But that's cool.

Maybe. But it won't obsolete as quickly.  :)  One of the only reasons
I upgraded my old SE (1987-1993) was because the following year
MacInTax was going to be color only - horrors! Then the PM6500 in 98
as it was a good close-out deal (which still runs my vinyl cutter),
then the Yikes! in 2001, another good deal from a vendor of mine,
that one is now running OS9 and will be later running bookkeeping and
other stuff for my business. The MDD is for everything else.

>Me too . But using USB into a dual 1.42 just seems wrong. All your
>apps expect firewire.

Yes they do! So I'm still poking around, this isn't an urgent need for me.

Do any of the USB ones use USB2? I didn't see any that specified that
so I'm guessing they don't.

I also found references to ATI PCI units that were Mac compatible, so
I'll have to see if I actually have one here. Though I suppose I'd
still need the software from ATI to do the capture, I'm sure iMovie
won't even see it. More research......

>>BTW, I like to be called "frugal"  ;)
>and I like to be called "poor" :(

LOL. Like it or not I always feel poor.