[G4] Capture cards Re: [G4] New system...

baggins baggins at ihug.co.nz
Mon Nov 10 23:14:33 PST 2003

Diane,
      you can use a digital camera as your firewire port.
this means that a dead camera that can still work as a vtr or will still
port data is all you need.
every camera i have used  has av in/out (there might be one or two  that
don't).
so this would mean that you could use any analog camera and then port it
though your old dv camera and into the mac...
i know plenty of VJ's who do just that.
as for putting the camera i your car!!!!
if you build a correct housing then it should last as i have installed dv
cams in midget cars and a rally car with no problems.
it's all a cost balance thing.
money on camera/ money on housing/ money on tyres/ money for food.

ttfn
mike