G4 HD corruption?

Roger Harris roger at rogerdharris.com
Wed Nov 12 14:25:09 PST 2003

I have heard reference to earlier G4s causing corruption to hard drives;
can someone point me to info on this?

I have a 30 gig Quantum and a 15 gig Maxtor that one resided in a G4 mp
450. Both drives are functional but flaky. I got to were I would only
use them as seconary storage, as they would not work well with an
operating system on them. last month I did an RMA on the Maxtor; The one
they sent back is good. The warantee is up on the Quantum but I am
hoping I can get some info that would help me get this thing working right.

Roger