CD Burn Problem - Can't solve

janetgk at ptd.net janetgk at ptd.net
Sun Nov 16 16:00:47 PST 2003

"Disk Burner or Software not found" is the message I get from iTunes
(4.1) and Toast (5.21).  The blank CD-R disk which I insert is
ejected within a minute.  Cannot mount the CD.  I also have Diskcopy
(10.2.3).  Using MAC OS 10.2.8.

My G4 450 is about 3 years old but have never burned a CD.  Everyone
says it is so easy.  I now want to burn some iTunes music on a CD and
can't do so.  I thought my G4 came ready to do that.  Apple System
Profiler notes:

>  CD-ROM/DVD-RAM\
>Disc Burning	Fully supported.\
>Unit Number	0\
>ATA Device Type	atapi\
>Device serial	(blank)\
>Device Revision	A110\
>Product Ident.	PD-2LF-D110\
>Vendor Ident.	MATSHITA}

Do I have an obsolete CD drive?  Malfunctioning drive?  OS system
lacking some software?  Is the "disc burner" the actual CD drive?  As
I said, iTunes, Toast and Diskcopy will not work.

What is my next step?  What am I missing?

Thanks, Janet