[G4] stuffit

Joseph B. Gurman gurman at gsfc.nasa.gov
Sat Nov 22 06:31:27 PST 2003

     Jerry Bunn wrote:

>Since I've installed Panther on my dual 1 Ghz G4 I cannot use Stuffit
>Expander.  Everytime I try to use it, it says "Sorry, Expander requires
>Stuffit Engine 8.0.0 or later.  Please reinstall from the original
>installer."
>I have reinstalled from the Panther disc and that hasn't helped.
>I don't have any trouble with this on my 17" iMac 1.25 Ghz running
>Panther.

     I had this, too. I believe it was why 8.01 was released. Just
search for all StuffIt files, ditch them, and re-download 8.01 from
the Aladdin site. It includes a complete install of StuffIt 8.0 and
an 8.01 updater, but I believe you don't need to install the 8.01
updater because they've already included it in the installer --- but
check after the install.

     MacFixIt for October 28 said:

>StuffIt Engine not recognized Several readers have reported that
>StuffIt Deluxe 8.0 becomes unusable after upgrading to Mac OS X
>10.3. Most users affected by the problem have been able to fix it by
>re-installing Stuffit Deluxe 8.0.1.

     I think the same goes for Standard.

						Joe Gurman
--
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they go by."
                                                             - Douglas

Joseph B. Gurman, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Solar Physics
Branch, Greenbelt MD 20771 USA