Analog to Digital Video Help

Wade Perry wadeperry at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 30 22:35:41 PST 2003

Hello All,

Somewhat off topic. When in need of real advice, I always turn here.
My daughter is a Film development class and I am looking for solutions or
suggestions for  analog video input into my DA 533 for use in iMovie. I
don't want to purchase a new video camera. Most of the choices I have seen
involve very good, but expensive (Canopus ADVC-1394) or unreliable
conversion (Dazzle bridge). Belkin makes an inexpensive  cable set that will
allow import NTSC video to be dropped onto the hard drive via a USB port.
Will this work in iMovie ? I know that some of you have opinions and
expertise to share. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Wade A. Perry