G4 Speaker is buzzing

Daniel Brieck djbrieck at mac.com
Wed Oct 1 06:23:23 PDT 2003

Hi all,

  I have a G4 500mhz single processor AGP(Sawtooth).  The  internal
speaker makes a buzzing sound, which sounds kind of like a digital
alarm clock, or a small motor running. This does not happen all the
time but it only happens when the computer is in sleep mode, as soon as
it wakes up the noise is gone. Usually leaving the computer sleep
overnight results with the buzzing in the morning. Again it does not
happen every day. For example monday morning the computer was buzzing
and today also, but tuesday there was no buzzing. This buzzing has been
happening for the last couple of months. It seems harmless but, I am
not sure. Mabey it is the battery going dead.

Anyone have any ideas to what this is ?

Dan Brieck Jr.