New IMAC Questions

stuart weisberg stu_weisberg at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 12:25:14 PDT 2003

Hi All,
I recently bought an Imac 17" 1GIG Super drive. The
manual didn't seem to offer full info. on the correct
Ram. If anyone could fill in the specifics, I would
appreciate. I have purchased ram from Velocity
Upgrades in the past. However for the last week every
time I try to reach their web site, I get a failed to
complete error. Anyone know if their still in biz?
Also I would like to partition the HD(80GIG) to handle
the pre X apps. I have. I remember a thread awhile
back about three separate partitions; 1 for X 1 for a
stand alone 9.2.2 for Classic and 1 for 9.2.2 and the
assorted apps. etc. I am looking for guidance
regarding how to perform the partition and if there is
any difference which partition goes where. My thoughts
are the 9.2+ apps would be around 5 Gigs the classic
partition around 1 Gig and the rest for X.
All help gratefully appreciated and accepted.
TIA

=====
Regards,
Stu