partitioning hard drive

christine cano fuzzy44 at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 4 09:23:31 PDT 2003

Hi,
I am going to partition the 160 gig drive on my G4 and could use some help too.
I boot into 9.2.6 most of the time and feel like X residue is in there even though
I am booted into 9.  Is this my imagination? I really only like booting into X for
intensive apps.

I thought I'd do 3 partitions as well.
One for 9.2.6, one for X and one with X and 9.2.6, that will also be a backup.
I was going to split it 40, 60, 50 approx.
I was wondering if - for my 9.2 partition - I should downgrade to 9.2.2?

Actually, if I could get my external 80 gig ACOM to boot my new G4, I would only
need 2 partions, but it won't boot my G4. I can't figure out why.
I had heard that only the modified 9.2.6 that came on the G4 would boot it - so I
put the same OS 9.2.6 that is on my G4 on the external. But - no go.

It used to boot my G3 just fine. Any ideas about this. The drive is only one year
old so it should even be X bootable, shouldn't it? However, I would like it to
boot in 9.
I can't find any suport from Acom regarding this, nor could I find anything on the
internet about it.

At any rate, I would appreciate suggestions and advice on partition sizes, and any
tips you may have.
Thank you, C.C.