[G4] Default settings on Windows XP Professional via VPC

Joe Ellis jellis at gdeb.com
Tue Oct 7 07:05:38 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "H F" <pantry at hotmail.com>
To: "Power Macintosh G4 List" <G4 at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 11:23 PM
Subject: [G4] Default settings on Windows XP Professional via VPC

> My roomie is insisting on putting this on her Ti and I'm wondering what
> settings to change in windoze to avoid all those problems you see people
> encountering because they accept the defaults. Want to avoid any of the
STDs
> that windoze picks up.

I wouldn't worry about STDs in VPC as long as she doesn't use it for email.
Almost all Windows virii are transmitted via email systems so as long as she
uses a Mac email app she shouldn't have a problem.
I have used VPC on my machines (WIN 2K) for over 2 years and have never seen
a virus on it. The other point is, if by some chance, she does pick one up;
it will only affect the pseudo hard drive in VPC which can be easily erased
and re-installed.

Joe Ellis