[G4] File Sharing AlBook <=> PC

Daniel Brieck djbrieck at mac.com
Wed Oct 8 05:36:39 PDT 2003

Marc,

I think I know what problem you are having with the Windows networking
stuff. The problem is that your mac is on a different workgroup name
than the PC. That is why the "dumb" pc has no clue that you have
another computer there.  Here is how you fix it.

Go to  Application folder then  Utilities then launch the Directory
Access program.
Click the little lock and enter your admin password.
Then highlight/ click on SMB field under the Services Tab.
Then press Configure....

(Now Go to the windows PC an Check its workgroup name to be sure....
start>Control Panel> Performance and Maintenance > System > Computer
Name {Tab} > Look for workgroup name)
Back on the mac....
Then Type the Name of your windows Workgroup name then press "OK".
Then quit Directory Access , your done...

This should also make the windows computer show up much faster on the
mac's, "Connect to Sever Window".

Dan Brieck Jr.