[G4] Panther Release Date Announced

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Wed Oct 8 15:52:31 PDT 2003

On 10/8/03 5:22 PM, "lavode at comcast.net" <lavode at comcast.net> wrote:

>> Yeah...I remember....
>
> I don't remember, but was this when Apple was "on its last legs" in the mid
> nineties, or was this when they were "going out of business" in the early
> nineties?

Apple has admitted that, just before Steve Jobs came back, they were down to
*one month's* worth of cash.

Not the way a multinational, billion dollar company is supposed to operate.

> I don't seem to recall paying for 9.1 or 9.2, and I wouldn't call the
> Powerbooks then pieces of crap.

The 5300 was one of the worse machines Apple ever put out. Apple had to
extend the warranty on those machines to *7* years in order to fix the
screw-up. They have also been offering a buy back program every now and
then, trying to get them off the streets.

Shawn King
On this week's Your Mac Life -
Mac OS X Power Tools & the
Creator of the Apple logo!