HP Printer Broken

CJ Scaminaci halogenius at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 9 08:34:43 PDT 2003

Howdy all,

Here we go again with ANOTHER HP printer problem under OSX. I have a
USB HP printer (deskjet 940c). It was working great but all of a sudden
died on me. MacOS X can see it on the USB bus, and print a test page to
it. But when I go to actually print something it sits there and says
"Opening Printer Connection" and times out. I reinstalled the drivers
from the printer utility, and also installed the HP drivers for MacOS
X. Still no dice. I have been able to use USB printer sharing and print
over the network to my Epson printer perfectly but while on another
machine when I try to use the HP printer the same problem happens over
the network. Hardware problem? This was originally a $300 printer but I
got it factory refurb for $50. That should have been my first clue.
Once my PowerBook gets here this weekend I can test it out there, any
one got any ideas?

CJ