[G4] usb scanner

Goldberg, Franck (x2187) FGOLDBERG at PBWT.COM
Thu Oct 9 07:40:24 PDT 2003

Anyone on the list using an Epson Perfection 3170?  I'm curious as its
quality for slide and negative scanning?
Franck

-----Original Message-----
From: fuzzy44 at earthlink.net [mailto:fuzzy44 at earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 7:39 PM
To: Power Macintosh G4 List
Subject: Re: [G4] usb scanner

I just bought an Epson Perfection 3200 scanner and I am really impressed
with it.
It worked right out of the box in both X and OS 9. Great scanning of
reflective art.
It was more than you want to spend, but they have other models in the
"Perfection" line that are under $200. that are also very good.
The scanner came with very good software too.

C.C.

> Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 09:11:44 -0700
> Subject: [G4] USB Scanner Purchase
> From: "Domains4Days.com" <Lists at domains4days.com>
>
> I would like to purchase a medium quality USB scanner for general use. I
> would prefer to pay $150 or less.
>
> In the past, I have purchased a Microtek scanner - but had very poor
> results.
>
> Question: can anybody recommend a scanner that will fit my needs?
>
> --
> RevDave
> Lists at domains4days.com
> [db-lists]

----------
G4ist, a listserv for discussion of everything G4.
FAQ at <http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/G4.html>.
Send a message to <G4-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the digest.

XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

Dr. Bott LLC   4-port USB Hub in translucent Graphite!
Dr. Bott LLC   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ghub.html>

Small Dog Electronics   http://www.smalldog.com  | Canon Digital Cameras |
--Quicksilver & refurbished G4's arriving daily! |   and Camcorders!!    |

OS X News, Dr.Mac, Forums, Tutorials, Tips, Hints, FAQ?s -
http://www.osxfaq.com

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If you
anyone.  In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the
sender by reply email.  Please advise immediately if you or your employer
do not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.