[G4] Apple's DVD Player shows interferences while playing video

Joe Ellis jellis at gdeb.com
Thu Oct 9 13:12:35 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Udo Zumdick" <screams at gmx.net>
To: "Power Macintosh G4 List" <G4 at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 3:43 PM
Subject: [G4] Apple's DVD Player shows interferences while playing video

> Hi there,
>
> I have my Mac now for a year or so and I would't like to use a
> WinDooze-PC anymore.
> One of the very rare things a miss is to play a DVD on my Mac. Everey
> time I try this, there are many little
> green interferences on the screen.
>
> Is it possible to avoid this ?
>
> I'm running a PowerMac G4 Gigabit 450 Dual with a Radeon 8500
> PC-GFX-Card, flashed with a Mac BIOS.
>
> Any other application even Aqua Extreme works fine !
>
> Thanx a lot !
>
> Bye,
>
> Udo
I would go buy a video card specifically built for the Mac rather than the
PC card. The rest of your setup is certainly good enough to handle DVD. You
didn't say if you were using a conventional monitor or a flat panel. I have
an Apple Cinema display (20") on a Quickilver 867 Mhz G4 with a Mac dual
head Radeon 8500 and my DVDs play crystal clear.

Joe Ellis