[G4] hp printing problem

Joseph B. Gurman gurman at gsfc.nasa.gov
Sat Oct 11 07:16:21 PDT 2003

     Christine Cano wrote:

>Gimp-print does not work with all hp printers.
>It does not work with mine which is an hp2100m.
>There is a list on the web someplace that lists all
>the non-Gimp-supported printers.

     The list of supported printers is at:

	http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/p_Supported_Printers.php3 .

At the bottom of the list is a list of other, PostScript printers
(including the 2100) that are not officially supported, but have been
reported to work, at least "incompletely, or the may not actually
work at all" at PostScript level 2 (but not yet 3) via their native
(in this case, pcl-6) drivers. I was wondering if you'd given it a
try. The 2100m is nominally a 2100 with PostScript support added; it
should still support PCL.

     FWIW,

						Joe Gurman
--
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they go by."
                                                             - Douglas

Joseph B. Gurman, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Solar Physics
Branch, Greenbelt MD 20771 USA