[G4] Carbon Copy Cloner

Lavode Lavode at comcast.net
Sat Oct 25 15:00:00 PDT 2003

> 1. Did you run MacJanitor 1.2 on the source disk 1st

No, didn't know it was a requirement.

> 2. Did you Boot from a CD or another drive and run the Disk Utility
> and have
> it run the first aid on your primary drive?

No, again, wasn't aware that should be done.

> 3. After doing steps 1 & 2 boot from the primary drive and run the Disk
> Utility again  and ERASE the secondary drive.

I don't want to erase the secondary drive.  I keep a lot of files
there.  All I want to do is create a backup drive image, not clone from
one drive to another.

> 4.  I assume you have the Carbon Copy Cloner 2.3, run it and see what
> happens.

Used 2.2 and 2.3, same results.

> You seem to have something hosed on your primary drive that is causing
> CCC
> to barf.

Wonder how that can be on two different computers with one just having
had the 10.2.8 run on it?

Thanks for the advice,
Lavode