Carbon Copy Cloner

Richard Kriss kriss at qsl.net
Sun Oct 26 07:54:25 PST 2003

On 10/26/03 7:14 AM, "Power Macintosh G4 List"
<G4 at lists.themacintoshguy.com> wrote:

>> 3. After doing steps 1 & 2 boot from the primary drive and run the Disk
>> Utility again  and ERASE the secondary drive.
>
> I don't want to erase the secondary drive.  I keep a lot of files
> there.  All I want to do is create a backup drive image, not clone from
> one drive to another.

You are trying to do something that CCC was not designed to do. That is the
problem.  The solution to what you are trying to do may be covered by a
commercial backup program.  CCC is a 'cloner' and you do not want a clone.
You want an image file of your hard drive and CCC will not do what you have
been asking it to do.

Get a spare hard drive if you want to use CCC.  Forget trying to make an
image of you hard drive.