[G4] Palm OS 4.1

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 27 01:51:41 PST 2003

At 9:40 AM -0400 10/25/03, John Wilson wrote:
>Hi Anne. I only had to upgrade from Palm OS 3.5 to 4.1. Can't remember
>exactly how I did this but I do remember it worked the first time.

Hi, John - Palm's site specifically said the PDA version of 4.1 was
not compatible with OSX, so I should d/l from another computer. This
is a little hinky, so maybe I should just wait until they get the bugs
out.

I was not aware that I'd have to d/l two versions, the Desktop version,
which ran just fine, and a PDA version, which I haven't tried yet because
Palm says it isn't compatible. I could just d/l by booting into OS 9 I suppose.

At 9:15 AM -0500 10/25/03, Mel wrote:
>MacFixIt has some coverage on Palm Desktop 4.1 the past few days. You
>might check there.

This was for incompatibilities with OS 10.3 - I'm on 10.2. Maybe they're
the same problems.

Many thanks for the corrections and suggestions!

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X.2/Classic) | Graphite iBook 333mHz (OS 9.0.2)
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com