[G4] Panther, Outlook (exchange version)

Snoke Jay S NPRI SnokeJS at Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil
Fri Oct 31 07:39:02 PST 2003

Wayne-
In OS 9, there is a Control Panel Setting for Outlook - it is an alias to the real control panel setting that is actually in your Outlook folder (I assume your Outlook folder is in your Applications folder???)  I'd open that control panel in the real Outlook folder, and double-check to make sure Outlook knows where your exchange server lives (on your local network).  It contains the path to get to the exchange Server (where your Outlook email comes from). You might have to talk to your Exchange administrator to check the settings.  Once that's done, there is also the problem of the pathname to any local storage of email on your own Mac that could be a problem as well (but hasn't shown up yet for you, since you can't get that far...).
I am not running Panther yet, btw... I always wait until things have calmed down a bit after a new release and then load it after the first update comes out.
Jay