[G4] iTunes Smart Playlist

Jeremy Kezer jeremy at kezer.net
Tue Sep 2 06:24:50 PDT 2003

>Does anyone know if it is possible to Create a playlist that
>includes my entire library so that each time I connect my iPod, I
>get a totally new random selection of music, but only fills up to
>the 5gb limit of my iPod?

I'm not sure it can be done with a smart playlist only, as the
randomization doesn't seem to occur each time you sync the iPod.
Once the random list of songs is selected it's static unless you
change the qualifiers of the smart playlist.

What I did to rotate new songs onto the iPod was to create two
complementary playlists.  The first playlist is "select 1GB of the
most recently played songs" and the other is "select 4GB of the least
recently played songs".  The net result is that songs will
continually be added and removed from your iPod.  I also have the
iPod's built-in shuffling set to "songs".

Jeremy