[G4] Help! iTunes won't work!

Joe Ellis jellis at gdeb.com
Mon Sep 8 07:47:15 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lavode" <Lavode at comcast.net>
To: "Power Macintosh G4 List" <G4 at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 1:00 AM
Subject: [G4] Help! iTunes won't work!

> Hi all,
>
> iTunes will not recognize any of the songs in its library.  I tried
> re-adding them to the library, but it won't add them.  iTunes will also
> not import CDs.  I have repaired permissions, but still nothing.  I am
> using 10.2.5 on a Yikes.
>
> TIA,
> -Lavode

After having my iPod ripped off a few weeks ago, I hadn't used iTunes on my
G4 for a while; then this weekend I decided to listen while doing some other
stuff and encountered a similar problem. My iTunes library was completely
blank. If you go to this URL
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61104 it explains about the
iTunes Library. While I don't remember ever moving the folder, it somehow
got renamed. Quiting iTunes then trashing the new blank folder and renaming
the original correctly fixed the problem. Now all I have to do is figure out
how it got renamed incorrectly in the first place.

Joe Ellis