[G4] DP in a Sawtooth?

Jim Soriano jsoriano at sumbeach.com
Sat Sep 13 12:58:31 PDT 2003

We've had my wife's G4-AGP Sawtooth/500 forever (or, at least since
they were the hottest G4 available) and I recently found a place to get
original Apple Dual G4/500 modules for a little over $100.  I got one,
bought the heatsink from an Apple dealer for $28 and we've got a much
better performing machine that will last us a bit longer -- at least
until the 3Ghz G5s start shipping.

The most notable improvement of dual over single processors is in tasks
like Photoshop rendering and all sorts of printing and scanning tasks.
Huge performance increase realized.

Email me directly if you'd like the info on the place I got the Dual
G4/500 module.

Regards,

Jim