Internet Speed Test (How good is good?)

Richard Kriss kriss at qsl.net
Tue Sep 16 06:12:36 PDT 2003

Click on the following to test your speed.  Some people have been shocked by
low numbers and others are getting better than expected results.

http://www.computers4sure.com/speed2.asp

I have had several friends try the test and there is a wide range in
broadband service.  The cable guys seem to win over the DSL connections and
some dial up are pretty good.  It was also interesting to note some leached
wireless network connections were faster than the user's provider.  The real
question is who (or what) do  you blame for a poor score.

Post  your score but indicate your provider and machine.  Not fair to
compare a dial up to a BB. I have notice the Mac's seem to do better than
PCs.

Enjoy