[G4] Internet Speed Test (How good is good?)

M Hood mehood at mac.com
Tue Sep 16 16:11:53 PDT 2003

Yeah, you are getting ripped. According to your provider's website, you
could pay ten bucks more and get:

Here are some other cable modem packages to choose from with your GCI Long
Distance plan:
  a.. Silver Plus 1.0M/128K with 10 gigabytes transfer/month: $49.99/month
Seems like that would be the thing to do. I use Knology, a southeast
regional bundled services company, and pay $39/month for 1.5M guaranteed
(it's really a good bit faster than that), and no transfer limit at all. I
feel like I get a pretty good deal. Charter also operates in my area, and
have heard very poor service in comparison with Knology.

mark

West Georgia