Strange startup after installations

lavode at comcast.net lavode at comcast.net
Mon Sep 22 13:31:44 PDT 2003

Hi all,

After I upgraded my Yikes! 400 to OS 10.2.5, I installed the Logitech Control
Center for my Logitech optical mouse and restarted.  When the computer
restarted, it chimed, started the video, and put the gray Apple logo on the
screen.  There it stayed for about 10 minutes, doing nothing.  After that
lengthy wait, it finally started the little clock running and continued
starting up.  The didn't happen again when I restarted later, so I assumed
everything was fine.

Then, after I installed Norton System Works 3.0 last night, I had to restart,
and again I had the 10 minute wait.

The thing that makes me wonder why is that my wife's iMac Rev B didn't have
that pause after installing the Logitech Control Center, nor Norton System
Works.

Any ideas on why my machine sees to need to "be alone for a while?"

TIA,
Lavode