Internet Problem

Fred Thiel fthiel at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 23 18:59:37 PDT 2003

   I just subscribed to DSL and installed Norton Personal Firewall on my
Quicksilver 733 running 9.2.2 and 10.1.5. Everything was OK till a few
days ago when I booted into OS 10.1.5 and Norton started giving access
warnings like crazy. Access was denied to each one, but my control panel
was indicating that I was sending information out. When I tried to
disconnect, my Mac automatically re-connected and I can't access the
Internet at all for the activity. I have to turn off the modem to stop
the activity, but my computer still tries to re-connect. I don't really
know for sure what is going on, but I believe I've been infected with a
virus of some sort. My Norton Anti-Virus update has run out, but I guess
I had better update it. I read about a security update on OS X recently,
but I thought it was only for 10.2. I could'nt download it now, anyway,
from OSX. Anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks
Fred