[G4] Could use some help.

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Wed Sep 24 07:52:07 PDT 2003

At 20:49 -0700 9/23/03, christine cano wrote:
>At the moment I am having to spend most of my time in OS 9 because my printer won't
>behave in X and  I can't afford to buy more new software right now.

What did you do with your old Mac?

When I "upgraded" my G4 to OS neXt I brought my 8500 out or retirement and upgraded it with a Sonnet G3 card. It's now my major productivity machine and everything still works fine and fully as fast as I can think and type.

The G4 is great for telneting and curling to other *NIX boxes, writing simple code with gcc and perl, and browsing with Safari but my finances, my email, and everything Microsoft - Excel in particular - runs on Mac OS classic on a classically bootable machine.

--
-->  There are 10 kinds of people:  those who understand binary, and those who don't <--