[G4] Could use some help.

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Wed Sep 24 09:03:24 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 11:50  AM, lavode at comcast.net
wrote:

>> I have tried to make a bootable OS 9 repair disk so that I can run my
>> 9
>> utilities
>> (Norton Utilities, TechTool, Disk Warrior) but the disks I made won't
>> boot. I
>> have
>> tried a few different approaches using Toast, and it is driving me
>> crazy, now.
>>
>> ANY suggestions? Or... a website with definitive directions. There
>> seem to be
>> many
>> different ways to make a bootable disk. Which one works?
>
> CC- What version of Toast are you using?  I have made bootable disks
> using
> Toast 4, but haven't tried in Toast 5.  I don't have Toast 6, so can't
> comment.  Let me know what you're using and I will try to give you a
> step-by-
> step.  Contact me either directly or on the list.
>
> -Lavode

I too have tried to make such a boot disk but with OSX. Once I cut it
down enough to fit (and hopefully still boot). It says just drag the
system folder . which I do. Then I remove a bunch of crap and do the
library then remove crap.
It stsarts to burn in toast  but then tells me it can't do something
with"Trampoline". What the heck is Trampoline  anyway?
Jim