[G4] DO NOT INSTALL 10.2.8 PULLED BY APPLE

S. Stanley scart at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 24 13:01:57 PDT 2003

I agree, I too prefer to see the correct names of things but, on the
Internet you should pretty much accept that it is a given that people
don't always know the names of things and everyone is guilty of making
a typo now and again.  I think the fact that your pretentious enough to
say that Mac users are better educated and more literate than PC users
is the most offensive part.  Different people need different tools.
Yes I love my Macs too but the purposes I use a Mac for aren't the same
as everyone else.  Not everyone can afford a Mac or has the specific
needs (i.e. multimedia design/production) to have to own a Mac.  Maybe
some people just wanna surf the net or check their email.  Perhaps some
of those PC people are resourceful and can use their $150 PIII's to do
much more than you do on your Mac.  You'll probably never know.
Perhaps you need more education to help you understand that making a
stupid Mac vs. PC user intelligence comment is about as useful as
having a Coke vs. Pepsi debate.  I used to work for Apple and like you,
I was somewhat of a Mac elitist but I also own a PC and can see what
potential they to can have.  I will always love my Macs more (I should,
I have 7 of them) but I don't kid myself into believing that if people
don't own a Mac, that they are less intelligent and don't have a decent
computer.  I would be defending Macs users here if some PC user made a
similar comment directed towards them.  I think this list would be more
useful if we focus on helping people, rather than dissing them for
using something different than you.  Everyone is different,  accept it.

5c4r7