[G4] DO NOT INSTALL 10.2.8 PULLED BY APPLE

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Wed Sep 24 13:19:35 PDT 2003

At 13:35 -0400 9/24/03, Tracker at aol.com wrote:
>The model name is not "lombardi", it is "Lombard" without the "i" on the end
>and with a capital "L".

Searching for "Lombard" on the Apple site yields this:

<http://www.apple.com/jobs/environs.html>

Absolutely no reference to any Macintosh, just to a street in San Francisco. Search for "Pismo" yields this:

<http://www.apple.com/switch/stories/05/index4.html>

And I'll bet it got around Apple's censors somehow. Do they trademark their secret code names?

Actually I thought the powerbook referred to was code named after a football coach I remember.

And 10.2.8 is working fine on my sawtooth G4. I -er i or eye - think it's named after a prehistoric tiger.

--
--> On the eighth day, about 6 kiloyears ago, the Lord realized that free will would make man ask what existed before the Creation. So He installed a few gigayears of history complete with a big bang and a fossilized record of evolution. <--