Could use some help.

christine cano fuzzy44 at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 25 22:41:04 PDT 2003

Now I can't print to my HP 2100M from my G4 in OS 9 either. First it was just in OS X that had the problems, now it is 9 as well. Won't print from Quark or Photoshop, maybe others. The Print monitor says it is "processing an unkown job" or is "busy spooling a job
for ()". If I let the printer, it will print endless pages that are blank except for a line of jibberish at the top. It seems like OS X  still has some control over 9 even when I boot in 9, as though there is X residue in OS 9 (on a dual boot G4). Is this my
imagination or is it based in fact?

At one point it would actually spool the job I was trying to print with no error message, then it would clear out of the print monitor like it had printed, but there was never any output. This is so weird.

I am tearing my hair out at this point.
I have tried EVERTHING, apart from restoring the whole works. That is beyond my last resort. All of my setting and software are the same in 9 as they were on my G3. I would go back to my G3 but I don't have a monitor for it anymore. Feel like I'm losing the
battle with my G4 and OS X right now.
Does Gimp-print work with HP Postscript printers? Is it easy to setup?
Also I have tried PrintCenter Repair to clear the problem in X but it didn't help. I wish I could figure out what is going on.

Here is my set-up.
G4 dual 1.25, Dual-Boot - connected to HP2100M using D-link DP101 print server to ethernet port of G4.
****One other thing, My printer shows up in chooser as PS-4AC9AE-P1 instead of HP laserjet 2100M like it used to on my G3.****
also, i have the latest HP driver (a lot of good that probably does)

Any clues. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am working on a intensive job right now and desperately need the printer to work.
Thanks.
Christine